Summer HoursThe City of Dallas strives to provide excellent customer service for permit holders by having a welcoming, pleasant, and fair workplace. At this time we are experiencing some temporary staffing changes in the building department that may affect our ability to maintain the service level you have come to expect. We are currently recruiting a full-time employee for the building department, but need to make some temporary adjustments until the position is filled.
To allow dedicated plan review time in concert with required inspections, we are temporarily adjusting our weekly inspection schedule. Starting Friday, June 22, 2018, until further notice, we will not be scheduling inspections on Fridays as this day will be devoted to plan review. Office hours will not change (see current hours listed below). On Fridays, we will continue to receive plans and issue permits, but drop-in consultation will not be available.
Our usual office hours are Monday through Thursday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; and Friday 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
We hope you understand this is a temporary inspection schedule change only until the building department is adequately staffed.
Important Notice for Contractors
The City of Dallas Building Department is Now Using the State of Oregon ePermitting system.
- Pull Permits
- Schedule Inspection
- Track Permit Process
Reasons To Obtain Permits
- Inspections - Performed by certified inspectors
- Peace of Mind - Knowing the job was done right
- Safety - For your family and home
- Sets Consistent Standards - Ensures safe construction standards
- Value - Protects your biggest investment
Design StandardsCurrent design standards are as follows:
- Ultimate Design Wind Speed: 120 mph (Risk Category II)
- Seismic Design Category: D1
- Snow Load: 25 psf
- Frost Depth 12 inches
- Soil Classification: Geotechnical Report is required to determine soil conditions
Adopted CodesCurrent adopted codes are as follows:
- Residential Code: 2017 Oregon Residential Specialty Code
- Building Code: 2014 Oregon Structural Specialty Code
- Mechanical Code: 2014 Oregon Mechanical Specialty Code
- Plumbing Code: 2017 State of Oregon Plumbing Specialty Code
- Fire Code: 2014 Oregon Fire Code
- Electric Code: Provided by Polk County Building Department 503.623.9237
To talk to staff during business hours please call the Planning & Building Department at 503.831.3571.