We are currently accepting applications for volunteers to assist with some of our special programs and events. Volunteers donate their time and skills to assist the department in better serving the community in which they live. By choosing to volunteer with the police department, you are making a difference in our community. The program utilizes volunteers with a variety of skills and talents, and is designed to be beneficial to all involved.
City Manager's Office 187 SE Court Street Dallas, OR 97338
• Assist with community events such as Krazy Dayz, Family Night Out, National Night Out, and others
• Office Assistant
• Detail and maintain department vehicles
• Animal Control Assistant at dog shelter (must be 18 years of age or older)
• Subpoena Service Assistant (Must be 18 yrs of age or older; and, have prior law enforcement knowledge)
• Vacation House Check Inspector (must be 18 years or older)
• Volunteers must be able to commit to 8 hours per month.
• Volunteers must be at least 13 years of age.
• Volunteers must be able to successfully complete a background check.
• Volunteers must support the Dallas Police Department and comply with confidentiality requirements and department policies and procedures.
Steps to become a volunteer with the Dallas Police Department:
• Submit a volunteer application
• Successfully complete a background check.
• Attend an interview with the Police Community Liaison.
• Attend a volunteer orientation and required trainings.