Responsibilities & Services
The Planning Division prepares and maintains policy guidelines and reviews and processes various land use applications. The staff works with the Development Review Board, the Planning Commission, City Council and various subcommittees as needed.
To view recent activities and inquiries with the Planning Department, please view the Land Use Reports.
Most Recent Land Use Report I View All
Information On Legislative Amendments
Sign Code Update 2019On November 18, 2020, Ordinance No. 1839, amending regulatory standards related to signs and specific to Chapter 3.6 of the Dallas Development Code, became effective. Provided below is a link to Chapter 3.6 of the Sign Code
Any questions about the Sign Code Update should be directed to Scott Whyte, Planning Director,
at (503) 831-3565 or email@example.com.
Economic Opportunities Analysis
Historic Landmark Register
Local Wetland Inventory
Land Use Applications
Please check with the Building and Planning Department to obtain the necessary forms and applications for your proposal.
2018 SDC Methodology - Transportation
Dallas Development Code (Updated 2/5/2019)
Dallas Zoning Map
- Article 1 - General Provisions
- Article 2 - Land Use Districts
- Article 3 - Community Design Standards
- Article 4 - Administration of Land Use Development
- Article 5 - Exceptions to Code Standards
- Article 6 - Definitions and Rules of Measurement
Dallas Comprehensive Plan & Map
The City's Comprehensive Plan, serves as a policy guide for the overall development of the community, and includes the involvement of the Citizens Advisory Committee and City Council.
- Comprehensive Plan Map
- Dallas Final Adopted Housing Needs Analysis
- Dallas Comprehensive Plan Volume 1
- Dallas Comprehensive Plan Volume 2
- Map 5 Recreation
- Map 6 Vacant Buildable Land
- Map 7 Public Facility Water
- Map 8 Public Facility Sanitary
- Map 9 Storm
- Map 10 Public Facility Deficient Areas
Transportation System Plan (TSP)
Table of Contents
- Section 1 - Introduction
- Section 2 - Findings from Plan and Policy Review
- Section 3 - Existing Conditions and Deficiencies / Figures
- Section 4 - Future Transportation Conditions, Deficiencies and Needs / Figures
- Section 5 - Alternatives Analysis / Figures
- Section 6 - Access Management / Figures
- Section 7 - Modal Plans / Figures
- Section 8 - Transportation Funding and Improvement Costs
Ordinance No. 1809 TSP Revision
Regarding Fill and Grading in Floodplains
Population Population Document
Do you have questions about planning? Contact the Planning Department at 503.831.3571.