Engineering Department Overview
The Engineering Division provides oversight, management and engineering services for the City’s water, sewer, stormwater, and streets utilities. The Division also provides engineering, design, contract oversight and inspection services for the City’s infrastructure. Services provided by the Division include:
- Oversight of the Operations and Maintenance Contract for the City’s Waste Water Treatment Plant.
- Administration and operation of the City’s wastewater inflow, treatment and discharge programs.
- Design and management of capital improvement and maintenance projects.
- Plan review and approval of private development in compliance with City Codes and standards.
- Utilization and maintenance of the City’s Geographical Information System (GIS) and as-built data to support roadway and utility infrastructure.
- Analysis and development of plans to address public concerns with traffic, parking, signs, drainage, etc.
- Management of the street light inventory, sidewalk repair program and bikeway network.
- Management, engineering and field services for the City’s Pavement Management System.
- Management and inspection of the City’s right-of-way encroachment permit and grading permit programs.
Permits and Programs The Engineering Division provides support by overseeing numerous state permits required for municipal systems as well as handling the administration and operation of the City’s Industrial Pretreatment Program; Inflow and Infiltration (I & I) Reduction Program; Willamette Total Maximum Daily Load (TMDL) Program; and the Capacity, Management, Operations, and Maintenance (CMOM) plan.
Any person, firm, or corporation encroaching into the public right of way to do work, store materials, erect or place any structure including a dumpster is required to obtain an Encroachment Permit when such activity is covered under Dallas City Code Section 5.402.
187 S.E. Court St.
Dallas, OR 97338
Note: Call City Hall at 503.623.2338 for after-hours Public Works emergency assistance.
Monday - Thursday
8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
8:00 a.m. - 1200 p.m.